More than 70 people from nine countries will participate in the Baltic Wool Conference 8-9 October. The interest for this digital initiative has really exceeded our expectations! There is a lot of things going on in the wool sector right now and it seems as there is a big need to meet and exchange ideas and share experiences. The timing is good.
The dates for next Baltic Wool Conference will be 7-9 October 2021 on Gotland. Save the dates!
We are so excited! Over 50 people from 7 countries have already registered to join us on at the Digital Baltic Wool Conferenced 8-9 October. Registration is closing 27 September. Maximum numbers of delegates are 100 – so do not wait until the last day if you want to secure your place. The Baltic Wool Conference aims at becoming an international meeting place on Gotland for wool companies, researchers, sheep breeding associations and others involved in wool processing. We want to support networking, increase exchange between entrepreneurs and encourage business development around the sustainable wool fibre. All that will of course not be possible without participants in the meeting. So, if you want to be part of the
The programme for the DIGITAL Baltic Wool Conference is now ready and registration is open 1 – 27 September. We think we can offer a really good mixture of inspiring lectures, panel discussions and breakout sessions in smaller groups. Welcome to join us! This year the Baltic Wool Conference will be a digital meeting (we all know why and will make the best out of it), but next year we really hope to meet you all in good health ON GOTLAND. So, please save the dates for a trip to the magic island of Gotland in October 2021.
We really wanted to hold a physical conference on the island of Gotland. Because we believe the combination of inspiring lectures and personal face-to-face meetings stimulates business development. The Covid-19-situation has forced us to change the plan. So, now the Baltic Wool Conference of 2020 now goes digital! Meeting days will be 8-9 October.
Digital meeting frames and technical information
Digital meeting frames
A link to the meeting platform Zoom will be distributed to all participants a few days before the conference. Check in opens 8.30 am (CEST). The meeting starts at 9.00 am. At 8.50 we will talk you through the digital meeting frames and guidelines.
Please check the points below in advance:
- Check your audio to ensure that you can hear us properly and that your mic works. We recommend participants to use headset if possible.
- Check your camera angle, lighting and background to ensure that we see you but not your secrets.
- During the inspiration talks only invited speakers will be able to communicate by sound. Interaction from participants is encouraged via the chat function.
- During the workshops all participants will be divided into groups or “break-out rooms”. All participants are invited to share reflections both orally and via the chat function.
- To be able to join workshops in breakout rooms, you need to join the meeting via the zoom client which is the default choice when you start a zoom meeting.
- For the conference we will be using Zoom, which is a digital meeting platform.
- To participate you will need a stable internet connection and, for your own meeting experience, a reasonably large screen.
- We recommend the use of headset and web camera during the conference.
- When you connect to the meeting you will be asked to download the Zoom client, which is free of charge. The zoom client will give you full functionality and access to the workshop sessions in breakout rooms within the Zoom platform. When you enter the meeting, the use of the Zoom client will be the default setting.
- The Zoom web client allows joining a Zoom meeting or webinar without downloading any plugins or software. However, the web client has limited features and functions best on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Chromium Edge. If you join via web client you won´t be able to join workshop sessions during the conference.
- We will also use Menti. It is a very simple tool and does not require any preparations from your side. However, it is useful to have a mobile phone with internet connection available during the conference so that you can run the meeting on the computer and the menti questions parallel on the phone. If you don´t have access to a phone with internet connection it will also be possible to use the computer for the Menti questions.
- A link to the conference will be distributed to all participants a few days before the conference.
Save the dates
Baltic Wool Conference 2021
7-9 October on GOTLAND
We have already started the planning for a physical meeting in 2021. The Baltic Wool Conference will then take place in the medieval city of Visby, on the island of Gotland. We are planning for a two days conference with an additional excursion day with visits to different local wool businesses – for example a sheep farm, a scouring mill, a spinning mill and a knitting mill. The conference venue is Clarion Hotel Wisby. An exhibition area will enable face-to-face business meetings.